Los Angeles Refractive Surgery – MEL 80 Excimer Laser
Serving Beverly Hills, Thousand Oaks, and Surrounding Communities
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the Carl Zeiss MEL 80 Excimer Laser for use in refractive laser surgery on August 11, 2006. The MEL 80 Excimer Laser is designed to correct refractive vision problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism through Laser in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK).
Great Guy – Did a great job on my eyes.*
The MEL 80 has some advantages over other Excimer Lasers such as:
- Better Laser Delivery – The MEL 80 has the ability to make sure that the laser energy being delivered to your eye is more accurate and more consistent than ever before.
- Customized Treatment Options – The MEL 80 can be programmed to treat your unique refractive problems based on a variety of different characteristics, including your refraction, the shape of your cornea, and the Wavefront measurements of your eye.
- Longer Track Record – Carl Zeiss Meditec was one of the first companies to develop Excimer Lasers for use during LASIK procedures. Not only do they have many different patents on LASIK technology, they have some of the safest products on the market.
- Wavefront Technology Compatibility – The MEL 80 is connected to an advanced Wavefront computer, allowing a higher resolution image of your eye. This in turn, allows your LASIK eye surgeon to produce better results by correcting even the smallest refractive errors.
- Controlled Atmosphere – With unique, patented technology, the MEL 80 is able to keep the tip of its laser at a specific distance from the eye at all times. This allows for better results and more precise ablation.
- Energy Monitoring – While your procedure is being performed, the MEL 80 is constantly monitoring the amount of energy being delivered to your eye. This means there are fewer fluctuations and less chance for unsatisfactory results.
The Khanna Institute of LASIK and Refractive Surgery is proud to provide all our patients with the most advanced technologies available to ensure their LASIK eye surgery goes as smoothly as possible.
If you are interested in having your LASIK procedure performed with one of the most advanced Excimer Lasers in the world, the Carl Zeiss Meditec MEL 80, contact Dr. Khanna at the Khanna Institute of LASIK & Refractive Surgery in Orange County, California to schedule your free LASIK screening.