As you grow older, you may find that is more difficult to read, use the computer and focus on near objects. The reason is presbyopia. This is a medical condition where people begin to lose the ability for their eyes to focus.
The earliest warning signs can be seen between the ages of 40 and 50, though some experience symptoms years before.
Difficulty reading and blurred near vision are two of the most common signs of presbyopia. Some individuals may also experience headaches and eye fatigue as well.That is when the need for readers and cheaters starts. Gradually the dependence increases.
The most common symptoms of Presbyopia include:
- Hyperopia, or farsightedness. Objects at a distance are clear, but objects close up are blurry
- Farsightedness increasing with age
- Difficulty focusing on nearby objects
- Difficulty reading
- Experience eyestrain or headaches from prolonged reading or close work
- Holding books or magazines at a distance to read clearly
If you or a loved one is exhibiting the early signs of presbyopia, it is important that you contact our Ventura or Los Angeles County Office as soon as possible so that your condition does not worsen. We offer free vision screenings for all new patients. Please schedule your appointment with Dr. Khanna today.