PREPARTION FOR SURGERY
1. Contact Lens Removal: Soft lenses should not be worn for at least 3-7 days prior to your laser procedure. If you wear gas permeable/hard contacts lenses, you may need to remove your lenses 3-4 weeks before treatment. We will advise you on this matter.
2. It is very important that you do not wear any scented lotions, perfume, cologne or after shave on the day of your procedure. Fragrance can distort the transmission of the UV light in the laser and can cause an imperfect result. *It is ok to wash your hair with shampoo/condition and wear roll on deodorant the day of surgery.
3. Please remove all facial and eye makeup the night before your procedure. Do not wear any makeup the day of your procedure.
4. Eat a light meal at mealtime before your procedure. If you take medications, you may take them as normal.
6. No smoking the day of your procedure.
7. Do not have alcoholic beverages on the day of your procedure.
8. Arrange to have a friend or family member drive you to and from the surgery center on the day of your procedure – and possibly to your 1-day follow-up visit.
9. You will be given a kit containing aftercare instructions and necessary eye protection immediately after your procedure.
10. You will be given a time for your 1-day post op exam on the day of your procedure.
11. Please purchase a 1-month supply of Refresh Plus/Systane/Blink/Optive preservative free artificial tears.
12. Please bring all your drops with you on the day of your surgery.
We will do our best to make your laser vision correction experience as pleasant as possible.
EYE DROP INSTRUCTIONS
Antibiotic Eye Drops – You will begin using the antibiotic eye drop 1 day before your surgery.
Put 1 drop in each eye 4 times. For example – breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime.
PreOp Instructions for Lasik