It is normal to have following symptoms: Watering eyes & nose, light sensitivity, redness and swelling of eye, a foreign body sensation or the feeling that something is in your eye. Vision may be foggy, like seeing under water.
Try to rest and sleep immediately following your procedure. We recommend going home and relaxing for the duration of the day. Your eyes will feel most comfortable when closed. You mayshower or take a bath tomorrow but avoid getting any water or soap in your eye(s).
PAIN CONTROL – Prescription pain pills and comfort drops, see instructions below.
SPEED HEALING –
- DO NOT RUB OR TOUCH YOUR EYES!
- Tearing after Lasik is good as it washes out any debris.
- Your eyes are numb after surgery so do not wipe away any tears in your eyes. Let the tears come to your lips before wiping them away.
- Wear the sunglasses provided, or an equivalent, whenever you are outside for a minimum of 3 months after surgery.
- Wear your eye shield taped down at bedtime for 3 nights after surgery. This will prevent accidental rubbing while sleeping.
- When you get up from sleep if your eyes are difficult to open do not force them open. Apply a warm compress for few minutes and gently try again. If it’s still difficult to open your eyes, wait until you come see the doctor for your follow up.
- Use preservative free artificial tears as needed for the next few weeks.
PLEASE AVOID –
- All water activities such as swimming, scuba diving and hot tubs for 3 weeks.
- Avoid direct sunlight and sunbathing, especially in the first few weeks.
- Avoid touching the eye dropper bottle to your eye.
Eye Drop Instructions:
To be started on the same day after surgery once you are home.
|TYPE||NAME||EYE (S)||TIMES TO TAKE|
|Antibiotic||Moxifloxacin Gatifloxacin Zymaxid Vigamox||Right/Left/Both||Moxifloxacin / Gatifloxacin / Zymaxid / Vigamox – Continue to use 1 drop 4 x a day for 7 days|
|Steroid DO NOT START UNTIL CONTACT HAS BEEN REMOVED||Prednisolone Pred Forte Durezol Inveltys||Right/Left/Both||Prednisolone / Pred Forte – 1 drop 4x a day for 7 days Then 3x a day for 7 days Then 2x a day for 7 days Then 1x a day for 7 days Durezol / Inveltys – 1 drop 2x a day for 14 days Then 1 drop 1 x a day for 14 days.|
|NSAID||Ketorolac Accuvail Bromsite Ilevro||Right/Left/Both||Ketorolac / Accuvail / Bromsite – use 1 drop 2x a day for 14 days. Ilevro – use 1 drop 1x a day for 14 days.|
|COMFORT DROPS||See the vials marked in your post op bag||Right/Left/Both||1 drop in each up every hour if needed (less if not feeling any pain or discomfort)|
Pain Pill Instructions:
Neurontin / Gabapentin / Percocet / Oxycodone – take 1 pill three times a day for 3 days.