Pre-op Instructions for Cataract Patients
- Do not eat or drink anything for 8 hours prior to scheduled surgery.
- Stop applying EYE makeup 2 days prior to going to the hospital/surgery center.
- If you’re required to take medication(s) daily you may do so with a sip of water, PLEASE clear this with your Doctor and Dr. Khanna prior to you surgery.
- Please wear clean clothes on the day of the procedure.
- Get a good night sleep the night before your surgery.
- If you smoke, please refrain form doing so for at least 3 hours prior to your surgery and avoid smoking while alone for the first day.
- Please arrange for a friend or relative to take you to and from your surgery appt.
- You will be given an additional post-op kit after surgery.
- You will make your first post-op appoint the day of your pre-op exam.
- If you have any questions or cannot remember any of the instructions we’ve discussed, please call a surgery counselor at 310-482-1240 for information.
- Plan on wearing protective sunglasses during the day and your eye-shield at night for one week after surgery.
- Be sure to note when need to start your eye drops. After your procedure you will use the eye drops form each bottle as directed in the operated eye. Please wait at least one minute between drops as to not wash one another out. Do not stop using the drops until directed to do so. Again, be sure to note when you should begin your drops.
Zymar 1 drop, 4 times a day. Begin the day before surgery.
PredForte or 1 drop, 4 times a day. Begin the day of surgery.
Call our office if you have any concerns: (805)230-2126
“I met (Dr. Khanna) through my husband, a practicing M.D. He was most impressed by what he had heard from other physicians about (his) work and of (his) excellent results in dealing with difficult cases.”*
Click here to view the printable Adobe Acrobat PDF version of this article.