Los Angeles LASIK Surgery Resource
Lasik Surgery Activity Schedule
Recommended Activity Schedule Following Uncomplicated Bilateral Lasik Surgery
at our Beverly Hills or other California Offices
Day of LASIK Surgery
- The day of Lasik surgery should be a day of rest. Upon leaving our Los Angeles LASIK surgery office, continue to wear the eye shields until the morning after surgery; remove them when you wake.
- Always be very careful about activities where the eye may be poked, rubbed or touched.
- Always avoid squeezing or rubbing eyes. (Rubbing is never a good idea – instead, use lubricant drops for irritation).
- Avoid staring without lubricating the eyes. Avoid reading and staring at the computer(Music on MP3).
“No more headaches from glasses – not spending 15 to 20 minutes putting in contacts. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Khanna to anyone.”*
24 Hours After LASIK Surgery at our Los Angeles (or other CA) LASIK Facilities
- Take a bath instead of a shower. Avoid any soap or water in the eyes.
- Restrict movement to light activities. Work should probably be avoided. Work at home is acceptable.
- Driving short distances after the eye examination is acceptable if adequate vision is confirmed at the post-operative evaluation.
- Reading and watching TV is acceptable as long as adequate eye lubrication is maintained.
- Flying in airplanes is acceptable but keep eyes generously lubricated (every 30 minutes) – airplanes have very dry air.
48 Hours After LASIK Surgery at our Los Angeles (or other CA) LASIK Facilities
- Driving can be resumed if adequate vision is confirmed at post-operative evaluation.
- Shower (but continue to avoid any soap or water in the eyes).
- Apply face makeup (but not eye makeup).
- Do office work.
- Use computers-MAC or windows doesn’t matter,but LCD screen is helpful (but it is very important to keep eyes well-lubricated).
3 Days After LASIK Surgery at our Los Angeles (or other CA) LASIK Facilities
- Exercise without risk to the eyes (e.g. treadmill, Stairmaster, stationary bike).
- Playing with children (be careful).
- Moderate alcohol consumption may be resumed.
- Lifting weights.
1 Week After LASIK Surgery at our Los Angeles (or other CA) LASIK Facilities
- Applying eye makeup (avoid touching the eyes).
- Jogging outdoors.
- Relaxed bicycling (no mountain biking).
- Playing golf.
1 Month after LASIK Surgery (with eye protection)
- Racquet sports – tennis, squash, racquetball, badminton (but always wear eye protection).
- Swimming. Scuba diving; snorkeling.
- Sun-tanning (please have UV protecting sunglasses on. Suntan lotion on skin and not in the eyes)
- Motorcycling; dirt biking; mountain biking.
- Baseball; basketball; football; soccer.
3 Months after LASIK Surgery (with eye protection)
- Proceed with caution as these activities have a high risk of water being forced into the eyes:
- Water skiing; wind surfing.
- In the Beginning…
- Lasik is finally Invented
- THE MECHANISM OF LASIK
- CUSTOMAIZATION OF THE LASIK FLAP
- CHECK LIST FOR LASIK
- What is safer LASIK?
- Why are we different?
- Preparation for laser surgery
- Lasik Activity Schedule
- A word about our sponsor
- Cheaper is not Always Better
- A Brief History of Lasers
- Dry eyes
- Special Situations in Lasik
- Grading System for selecting a LASIK Surgeon
- The Quiz – What They Didn’t Teach You at Harvard