LASIK Surgery – Los Angeles
Preparation for laser surgery:
- Contact Lens Removal: In order for the eyes to be ready for laser treatment, it is necessary to discontinue the wearing of contact lenses well in advance of the surgery. Soft lenses should not be worn for at least three days before laser treatment. If you suffer from any contact lens-related eye irritation, allergy, or other condition, you may have to discontinue lens wear sooner. If you wear gas-permeable lenses, you may need to remove your lenses several weeks before treatment. We will advise you on this matter.
- Eat a very light meal at the mealtime before your surgery. Do not have any alcoholic beverages on the day of surgery. If you take medications you may take these as necessary, with a few sips of water.
- Please remove all facial and eye makeup before coming to the center. We recommend not wearing any eye makeup on the day of your surgery. This means no mascara, no eyeliner, no eye shadow,etc.
- Do not wear any fragrance, cologne, or scented lotions on the day of your surgery. Presence of colognes or fragrance, even in trace amounts, can distort the transmission of the UV light in the laser, and can therefore cause an imperfect result or unpredictable effect.
- If you do smoke, please refrain from smoking for at least 2 hours before your scheduled surgery.
- Please arrange for a friend or relative to drive you to and from the surgery center on the day of your surgery. You may also prefer to have a friend drive you to our office for your follow-up visit the next day.
- You will be given a kit containing aftercare instructions and a starter supply of the necessary eye drops immediately after your procedure.
- You will be given an appointment for a checkup the day after the procedure, at our office.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 310-482-1240.
Thank you very much! We will do everything possible to make your laser vision correction experience at our Los Angeles location as pleasant, enjoyable, and successful as possible!
“I am so happy about the wonderful results of my Lasik eye surgery. I can see so great. No more contacts or glasses. Thank you so much.”*
- In the Beginning…
- Lasik is finally Invented
- THE MECHANISM OF LASIK
- CUSTOMAIZATION OF THE LASIK FLAP
- CHECK LIST FOR LASIK
- What is safer LASIK?
- Why are we different?
- Preparation for laser surgery
- Lasik Activity Schedule
- A word about our sponsor
- Cheaper is not Always Better
- A Brief History of Lasers
- Dry eyes
- Special Situations in Lasik
- Grading System for selecting a LASIK Surgeon
- The Quiz – What They Didn’t Teach You at Harvard