Orange County LASIK Vision Correction
The Mechanism of LASIK Vision Correction
In the procedure of LASIK vision correction, suction in the range of 60-80 mm hg is created using a suction pump. The intention is to try to flatten the cornea which is normally curved. At the peak of the suction a blade or LASER is used to shape a flap. The laser achieves this by multiple bursts of picosecond laser energy applied at a constant predetermined depth.
The blade may be metal or diamond.
Microkertomes may be Rotational or Transitional.
“My girlfriend received STELLAR treatment from you, and she went from glasses to seeing better than me! No joke!”*
- In the Beginning…
- Lasik is finally Invented
- THE MECHANISM OF LASIK
- CUSTOMAIZATION OF THE LASIK FLAP
- CHECK LIST FOR LASIK
- What is safer LASIK?
- Why are we different?
- Preparation for laser surgery
- Lasik Activity Schedule
- A word about our sponsor
- Cheaper is not Always Better
- A Brief History of Lasers
- Dry eyes
- Special Situations in Lasik
- Grading System for selecting a LASIK Surgeon
- The Quiz – What They Didn’t Teach You at Harvard