Beverly Hills LASIK
Dry Eye Care
The tears are secreted by the lacrimal glands and accessory lacrimal glands. The eye lids act as windshield wipers which spread the tears evenly across the cornea polishing the optical surface. The tears are a combination of aqueous, lipid and Meibomian gland secretions. All the three must be in proper ratio and volume. the tears are rather the natural tears are also an important source of and T microbial substances like the lysozymes minerals and enzymes. These various substances are important for fighting the microbes which entered the surface of the eye. Natural tears also provide nourishment to the top layers of the cornea. Therefore dry eyes might be caused by one of the following reasons. The production may be inadequate, there may be excessive evaporation are then maybe increased drainage. Usually it is a combination of all the three reasons. With advancing age the tear production decreases. Living in hot dry climates like Southern California,
(those Santa Ana winds) does not help either.
“There was a very busy team of experts attending to me in a quiet efficient manner. Never before did so many fine people attend to me.”*
Dry Eye Disease: Predisposing Factors
- Menopause – Decreased androgens
- Allergy response
- Environmental stresses – Contact lens wear, Wind, Air Pollution
- Ocular surgery (LASIK, corneal transplant) there are various reasons why Dry eyes are more common are after LASIK surgery. And the cornea and shape gets changed so there is a mismatch between the lead in the cornea . Cornell notes are also transacted when the LASIK Flap is made with the care KERATOMETRY are the laser.
- Systemic – Antihypertensives, Antiandrogens, Anticholinergics, Antidepressants, Cardiac antiarrhythmic drugs, Parkinson’s disease agents, Antihistamines
- Topical – Preservatives in Artificial tears
- In the Beginning…
- Lasik is finally Invented
- THE MECHANISM OF LASIK
- CUSTOMAIZATION OF THE LASIK FLAP
- CHECK LIST FOR LASIK
- What is safer LASIK?
- Why are we different?
- Preparation for laser surgery
- Lasik Activity Schedule
- A word about our sponsor
- Cheaper is not Always Better
- A Brief History of Lasers
- Dry eyes
- Special Situations in Lasik
- Grading System for selecting a LASIK Surgeon
- The Quiz – What They Didn’t Teach You at Harvard