Los Angeles Laser Vision Correction Using LADARVision
Courtesy of the Khanna Institute for Eye Care: Serving Orange County, California.
Los Angeles – Beverly Hills – Santa Barbara – Thousand Oaks
Alcon’s LADARVision CustomCornea® System is an excimer laser used to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism with LASIK and other surface ablation procedures. CustomCornea® uses wavefront technology, as well as active eye tracking, for vision correction.
- Up to -8D of myopia with or without astigmatism
- Up to +5D of hyperopia with or without astigmatism
Note: Surgeons can choose to go outside of these ranges if they feel it is suitable and in the best interest of the patient.
“I couldn’t believe how perfect my vision was just hours after surgery! Dr. Khanna and his staff are absolutely amazing…”*
- Has laser tracking, rather than video tracking, like some other systems
- Using wavefront technology, it can treat higher order aberrations, which are conditions that affect visual clarity and night vision
- Combines small beam laser with active tracking
- Scans eye position 4,000 per second
- Is highly accurate and creates a smooth corneal shape
- More expensive than other laser systems, and therefore not as widely available
- Pupil needs to be dilated
- Difficult for patient to focus on the light
- Flap slips due to dilating drops