Preparation for Surgery:
- Please purchase a 1-month supply of preservative free artificial tears Refresh Plus/Systane/Blink/Optive.
- Contact Lens Removal Soft lenses should not be worn for at least 3-7 days prior to your laser procedure.
- It is very important that you do not wear perfumes, colognes or scented lotions on the day of your procedure. Fragrance can distort the transmission of the UV light in the laser and can cause an imperfect result. (Roll on deodorant is OK to wear).
- Please remove all facial and eye makeup the night before your procedure. It is very important that you remove all trace amount of mascara and eyeliner residue prior to your procedure. Do not wear any makeup the day of your procedure.
- Eat a light meal before your procedure.
- If you take medications, you may take them as necessary.
- No smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages on the day of your procedure.
- Arrange to have a friend or family member drive you to and from the surgery center on the day of your procedure. Possibly to your 1-day follow-up visit as well.
- After your procedure you will be given a post op bag containing aftercare instructions, necessary eye protection and a time for your 1-day post op exam.
- Please bring all your eye drops with you on the day of your surgery.
We will do our best to make your laser vision correction experience as pleasant as possible.
|Drops for surgery||Instructions|
|Prescription Antibiotic – |
Moxifloxacin / Gatifloxacin
Zymaxid / Vigamox
Combo drop – (Antibiotic & Steroid combined)
|Start the drops 1 day before surgery|
– 1 drop in each eye 4 times
*Example: breakfast, lunch, dinner & bedtime