Choosing A LASIK Surgeon in Orange County
Questions to Ask Your California LASIK Surgeon
So you’re thinking about LASIK, but you’re not sure where to start. We’ve put together some tips on choosing a LASIK provider that can meet all your needs and gain your complete trust. Make sure you feel comfortable with the doctor and staff. Ask about training and experience. Find out if they offer the latest LASIK technology. Ask around your community and try to find friends of family members who’ve had the procedure. Ask around about a doctor or LASIK center’s reputation.
Make your own list of specific questions to ask the eye doctor and staff during your initial consultation. If you are not completely comfortable or clear about the answers, you may want to try another provider. Use the following questions as a guide for finding the information you need to make your LASIK decision.
- How many procedures has your doctor performed?
- What training has your doctor received?
- Is the LASIK surgeon certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology?
- What LASIK technology do you use?
- Do you have the most modern, safety-tested equipment?
- What type of laser do you use?
- Is your laser FDA approved?
- Does the doctor perform the pre and post op exams in addition to the surgery?
- Do you offer Custom LASIK?
- Is your staff well-trained and aware of the latest LASIK technology?
- Does your staff go out of their way to gain a patient’s trust?
- How is cleanliness and sterility promoted?
- Do you offer a variety of financing options?
- Are enhancements included in the price of LASIK?
- What kind of results can I expect from the LASIK procedure?
- Are patient testimonials available?
Grading System for selecting a LASIK Surgeon
|1.||Fellowship Certified at a University||90|
|2.||Done more than a 1000 procedures||40|
|3.|| Only The latest generation of LASERS
Used in all patients
|4.||Active tracker employed||20|
|5.||Will not retire in the next 5 years||20|
|8.||Powder Free Gloves||10|
|9.||New Blade on every eye||10|
|10.||Post op Exam by Surgeon||20|
|250-300||Trust your eyes|
|200-250||Seek second opinion|
|<200||Seek another surgeon|
Find answers to all your LASIK questions. Call or email the Khanna Institute of LASIK at one of our California offices and let us win your trust.