Allegretto 500 or WaveLight EX500:
Allegretto 500 laser is also called Wavelight Ex 500 Laser.Allegretto 500 laser eye surgery is a procedure that makes use of Allegretto WaveLight EX500 Excimer laser, which is one of the world’s fastest and latest laser today.
Technical facts regarding the Allegretto 500 Laser
- It is the only Excimer laser of its kind that operates at 500Hz
- The system is the fastest femtosecond laser in the United States, having a 6 second flap creation time.
- The swivel bed that comes with the system is specially designed to help in laser procedures and time optimization.
What makes the Allegretto 500 laser different?
The Allegretto EX500 laser is considered to be one of the most advanced equipment when it comes to laser eye surgery. Here are some of the unique perks that come with the use of Allegretto 500:
- The ablation speed of 500Hz, 1.4 seconds per dioptre is great for treating mixed astigmatism and hyperopes.
- Faster laser heads also mean less stromal dehydration, less sensitivity to the movement of patients and an overall more comfortable procedure.
- Connectivity with other Alcon/WaveLight instruments means less time and effort to enter data before the procedure.
- Fine adjustments of 0.01-D increments makes it possible for patients to get closer to 20/20 vision
- Laser allows for intraoperative, non-contact pachymetry so there is less risk for ectasia
- The unique tracking system prevents cyclotorsion and ensures that the eye is in the right alignment.
- Allegretto technology has a different approach to corneal sculpting. Using the proprietary nomograms, the cornea is treated centrally to produce normal curvature instead of the usual oblate shape in other laser systems that create glare or halos at night.
- The small diameter laser beam (spot size) can treat people with larger pupils and those with higher prescriptions.
- The enhanced beam path technology is energy and cost efficient; and yields improved ablation and less thermal effects on the cornea
- The new technology of the Allegretto 500 has been found to be better as well as safer for those with higher prescriptions, a condition which has been deemed risky in the past.
- The speed and ease of the procedure can also mean quicker recovery time, depending on the patient’s eye condition before surgery.
Is the Allegretto 500 laser FDA approved?
Yes. The Allegretto EX500 laser is approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The Allegretto laser system has held the FDA approval since October 2003 and it is quite a feat since it is not often that an Excimer laser gets approved right away.
Where can I get Allegretto 500 laser eye surgery procedure?
Procedures making use of the Allegretto 500 is widely available in the United States. If you are particularly interested to avail of this cutting edge system, simply ask your eye surgeon about it. It is important to note that the Allegretto 500 laser eye surgery procedure is only conducted after the physician determines the patient’s fitness for the surgery. It is also necessary to make sure to have the procedure done only by a registered physician.