ALLEGRETTO WAVELIGHT® EX500 EXCIMER LASER: BREAKTHROUGH PRECISION
LASIK and various other types of laser refractive surgical procedures, such as PRK and LASEK, all utilize an extremely specialized excimer laser to reshape the cornea, as well as correct refractive errors consisting of myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism.
Excimer lasers have revolutionized the sphere of laser eye surgical procedures. Over the decades, advancements in excimer laser technology have increased the safety, efficacy and also predictability of corneal refractive surgical treatments. A lot of professionals agree that your surgeon’s skill and experience, along with a precise examination to determine whether you’re an ideal LASIK prospect, are far more crucial elements affecting the final LASIK outcomes than the subtle distinctions between excimer lasers.
Exactly how do excimer lasers work?
The excimer laser discharges a cool beam of ultraviolet light of a specific wavelength (normally 193 nano-meters) to specifically get rid of corneal tissue. When the surface of the cornea is improved in the right way, it enables light rays to focus correctly onto the retina for clear vision.
The high-energy pulses of ultraviolet light permeate only a tiny amount of the cornea and have the ability to remove as little as 0.25 microns of tissue each time. (One micron is a thousandth of a milli-meter).
An excimer laser remedies near-sightedness by flattening the cornea; it deals with farsightedness by making the cornea steeper. Astigmatism can be remedied by smoothing an irregular cornea into a more symmetrical shape.
Excimer lasers are managed by computer settings programmed to fix your specific refractive error. Your specialist will configure the excimer laser with the desired measurements to reshape your cornea and treat your prescription. The quantity, as well as pattern, of tissue removal are specific per patient.
A lot of modern-day excimer lasers have automated eye-tracking systems that keep constant detection on eye activities and also maintain the laser beam of light on target throughout surgery. Researchers have revealed that eye trackers produce far better end results and decrease LASIK issues compared with previous lasers that did not make use of eye-tracking systems.
Only the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser uses Wavefront Optimized ® ablation profiles intended to assist preserve the natural corneal form.
Developed for Speed and Superb Outcomes
The WaveLight ® Refractive Suite is the fastest refractive surgical procedure platform readily available in the United States:
– The WaveLight ® EX500 Excimer Laser is the only excimer laser to operate at 500 Hz, with an average therapy time of around 1.4 seconds per diopter
– The swivel bed is created to enhance time in between the flap creation and laser treatments. Its cutting-edge design helps in reducing the possibility for:
– Stromal dehydration of the cornea
– Flap shrinkage
– Sensitivity to eye movements
– Patient fixation fatigue
Customized LASIK for Every Eye
The built-in versatility of the WaveLight ® EX500 Excimer Laser permits specialists to expand their refractive treatment capabilities:
– Wavefront Optimized ® and Wavefront-Guided treatments
– Customized pupil-center centration options amongst different lighting conditions of the patient
– Line of sight as well as corneal vertex centration
Specifically Focused on Accuracy
With a powerful 1050 Hz-type multi-dimensional eye tracker, integrated at 500 Hz, the WaveLight ® EX500 Excimer Laser offers safety and outstanding precision:
– Activity monitoring with just 2 milliseconds of latency
– Dynamic pupil monitoring from 1.5 mm to 8.0 mm
Enhanced Shot Distribution
Utilizing proprietary PerfectPulse Technology®, the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser maintains a high pulse frequency with a lessened thermal load:
– Just 1 pulse in 5 is permitted to overlap
– Enhances temporal and spatial shot distribution
– Additional pulses are sent to the periphery to compensate for energy loss
– Decreases the potential for night-time glare
Created with Performance in Mind.
The WaveLight ® EX500 Excimer Laser workstation has been ergonomically designed to provide improved information and usability throughout the refractive procedure:
– Integrated heads-up display
– Fiber slit projector with LED light source
– Enhanced working distance of 25 cm
– Standard, high-resolution video system
– Integrated, non-contact, on the online pachymetry
The New Wave of Laser Technology.
Featuring enhanced beam path technologies, the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser sets the parameter for laser precision and durability:
– Entirely secured beam path
– Constant nitrogen-flushed light beam course
– Onboard nitrogen generator
– Long laser head life expectancy
Prevent or minimize the induction of spherical aberrations and also preserve image quality
Z-axis alignment, cross-line projector, neuro-track technology and multi-spatial eye tracking
Enhanced repetition rate of 500Hz with PerfectPulse technology ™ integrated into the laser frequency
WaveLight® Slit Illumination System, non-contact online pachymetry, high-definition optics
Delivers the fastest ablation time of about 1.4 secs per diopter¹